Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day in Alexandria

"Shoreline," oil, 10"h x 8"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
Quick post. No time ... but I will be putting up a more substantial entry tomorrow. Check back at jillbanks.blogspot.com ... okay?

Two paintings.

Today's was painted in a park sort of near the Art League in Alexandria, VA. It was good for my soul as passersbys ... loved it. Commented. Loved my being there.

The photo is pretty awful ... but I hope you get the gist.

The Hamptons
I created two but one is framed and buried in the van that is still packed to head up to Wickford, Rhode Island for this weekend's upcoming show. The photo for this is worse than that for "Shoreline." Apologies. I am either painting or in the dark.

I met and talked to the folks who are ... sort of ... in my painting. They were enjoying ice cream before gaining more company ... before chatting with me. If I'm painting, I'm happy.

"Night in East Hampton," oil, 12"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
That's it.

Coming Up
  • July 12 & 13: the 52nd Wickford Art Festival, Wickford, RI. Over 200 artists from New England, US and beyond.
  • July 19 & 20: the 41st Annual Westport Fine Art Festival, Westport, CT.
  • Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
  • Aug. 23-24: Shadyside: The Art Festival on Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA
  • September 13 & 14: Alexandria (King Street) Art Festival, Alexandria, VA
  • September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York
  • October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
  • Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
Thanks for reading,

Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com


Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)


Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014. For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site. Great folks are signing up to join me on this wonderful adventure. I hope you can, too!

No comments: